Silly Bombs Silly Bombs

Gets better as you go

At first I thought this was a completely unoriginal game, but it does have some nice ideas as you get further into it, using swinging torches and movable metal blocks to create some puzzles, rather than always shooting the bombs directly.

It's not a great game by any means, but it's a reasonable diversion for 20 minutes or so.

REDDER REDDER

The right kind of retro

A lot of supposedly retro games just use it as an excuse to get away with low-fi graphics and sound, but you've really captured the spirit of a retro platformer here. I dig the simplicity and the exploration. I didn't have the patience to play through the whole thing in one go, but I'll probably come back to it, and will definitely share it on Facebook. Makes me want to try something like this for my next game, but I have too many other projects on the go, unfortunately.

A Crow in Hell 2 A Crow in Hell 2

Hard != bad

I don't know what's wrong with people... sure, give a game 0 because you suck at it.

I found the controls pretty smooth... the game is tough, but not unfair. The graphical style is slick, but it's a look I'm starting to get tired of - I've seen it a lot, and it's starting to feel like it's just a way for artists to avoid having to put any detail into their work, rather than an original look.

My only real gripe is that there isn't really enough variety in the gameplay - it's all just timing, and being precise in your movements; I'd prefer to see some situations where a bit more thinking is required.